The Great Canadian Tree Service Team not only removes unwanted trees, we also plant trees for our customers! Planting trees can be good investment for your property for a number of reasons. They are great for adding some shade to your yard, to create privacy by obstruction the view of a neighbour’s untidy lawn, or even adding greenery to the landscape.
The Great Canadian Tree Service Inc. is a family run and operated business. Passionate and skilled, TGCTS prides themselves as being hands on and approachable when dealing with their clients. When you choose TGCTS you can guarantee you are working with an owner and reliable team of trained professionals.
- Superior Quality and Safety 100% 100%
- Experience and Value to the Projects We Deliver 100% 100%
- Highest Standards in Tree Removal 100% 100%
- On Time and on Budget 100% 100%
- Real Focus on Customer Satisfaction 100% 100%
Can you prune or remove trees in the winter?
- Trees are dormant over the winter, so pruning wounds will only be exposed until new growth begins in spring;
- There are fewer diseases present to enter wounds.
- Tree structure is more visible in the winter, making it easier to see and attend to potential problems.
- Under storey plants are less exposed to damage
- Frozen ground makes it easier to remove large sections of wood
Can you make my tree smaller?
An exception is when a tree contains structural defects (splits, cavities, poor unions) that could be corrected by reducing the overall size of the crown. Done correctly, a “crown reduction” type of pruning could add years to the life of a valued tree.